Yeah I know that all my most recent posts are filler posts (thanks Zainab kerna remind saya. Don't quit blogging tau!).
But what can a girl do if she has no idea on what to write about? I admit that I'm often a silent reader of blogs, rather than actively leaving comments on the blogs/sites that I frequent or stumbled upon. I'm more of a reader than a writer, really. I read a lot. By a lot, I mean A LOT. But a few days (or weeks?) ago I opened an account on booksie and submitted my novel-cum-semi-autobiography there (hohoho).
A reminder to you guys: Don't go looking for me there. But if you do find me and think that really is me, do leave a note. lol.
I don't know why I decided to submit my stuff there, but yeah, I really did. The 'novel' is something that I work on, whenever the mood strikes (which is not that often). I just typed and typed whatever words/sentences that come to mind. With a bit of editing. lol. This thing is soo private (it's based on my own experience, with a lot of fabrications), that I have not even let my close friends read it.
It's not on par with any of Ms. Kinsella's many fantastic works (Can You Keep A Secret should come to mind). Heh. I know where I stand. I'm pretty sure I'll never be as good as her. It's just that it's nice to be able to transform all your thoughts and ideas into words, albeit those words being not that publish-worthy. lol. Currently, I've posted 3 chapters up there. I have more in my computer, but I'll see how things go. (that reminds me to check if there's any new comments on my 'novel'.. Okay, no new comments. That was expected! lol)
There are many good works on booksie. Being a kinda-fan of the Jo Bros, I particularly liked this one. 47 chapters. Yeah, Joe is so hot, I'd almost forgive him for being so vain. Almost. lol. What's up with the hair and the stovepipe jeans, dude? [Ben pun ade white skinny jeans!] And what's with you always having to be in the middle, like, every single time?
But if you're more of a Twilight fan (read: Edward), this one might be more of your taste. Edward's old school charm and chivalry gets me. I wonder if my own Edward is out there some where. *sigh*
If you noticed, I used a lot of 'lol'. I've never used it in my previous entries, but this time I did. Wanna know why? It's because I've recently been addicted to online chat rooms. Haha. Not mIRC. I don't have classes on Mondays and Tuesdays, so practically, my weekend stretched out to 4 days. To kill time, I go there and try to find like-minded people from other countries. [When I really should be drafting my FYP thesis]. These chatters use a lot of 'lol', and now I do too. lol. About 99.9% of the time, they are looking for 'cyber fun' (if you don't know what that means, ask other people who know :P ), but once in every 10 or so PMs, you find people who just like to make new friends. I've chatted with a mechanical engineering student in University of Canterbury (a nice guy who luckily is gorgeous! lol), a funny high-schooler from Sweden (sarcastic funny, not ha-ha funny), a bored housewife from Atlanta, Georgia (she thinks she's going crazy with her kids' screaming everyday), and some more others.
I don't really trust what they tell me, 'tho. Haha. It is possible that everything they told me is complete BS. But to be able to get away from life in Kuantan here, even though only virtually, is refreshing.
I've learned how to cook sloppy joes, you know. And snowboarding!
lol.
:D
But what can a girl do if she has no idea on what to write about? I admit that I'm often a silent reader of blogs, rather than actively leaving comments on the blogs/sites that I frequent or stumbled upon. I'm more of a reader than a writer, really. I read a lot. By a lot, I mean A LOT. But a few days (or weeks?) ago I opened an account on booksie and submitted my novel-cum-semi-autobiography there (hohoho).
A reminder to you guys: Don't go looking for me there. But if you do find me and think that really is me, do leave a note. lol.
I don't know why I decided to submit my stuff there, but yeah, I really did. The 'novel' is something that I work on, whenever the mood strikes (which is not that often). I just typed and typed whatever words/sentences that come to mind. With a bit of editing. lol. This thing is soo private (it's based on my own experience, with a lot of fabrications), that I have not even let my close friends read it.
It's not on par with any of Ms. Kinsella's many fantastic works (Can You Keep A Secret should come to mind). Heh. I know where I stand. I'm pretty sure I'll never be as good as her. It's just that it's nice to be able to transform all your thoughts and ideas into words, albeit those words being not that publish-worthy. lol. Currently, I've posted 3 chapters up there. I have more in my computer, but I'll see how things go. (that reminds me to check if there's any new comments on my 'novel'.. Okay, no new comments. That was expected! lol)
There are many good works on booksie. Being a kinda-fan of the Jo Bros, I particularly liked this one. 47 chapters. Yeah, Joe is so hot, I'd almost forgive him for being so vain. Almost. lol. What's up with the hair and the stovepipe jeans, dude? [Ben pun ade white skinny jeans!] And what's with you always having to be in the middle, like, every single time?
But if you're more of a Twilight fan (read: Edward), this one might be more of your taste. Edward's old school charm and chivalry gets me. I wonder if my own Edward is out there some where. *sigh*
If you noticed, I used a lot of 'lol'. I've never used it in my previous entries, but this time I did. Wanna know why? It's because I've recently been addicted to online chat rooms. Haha. Not mIRC. I don't have classes on Mondays and Tuesdays, so practically, my weekend stretched out to 4 days. To kill time, I go there and try to find like-minded people from other countries. [When I really should be drafting my FYP thesis]. These chatters use a lot of 'lol', and now I do too. lol. About 99.9% of the time, they are looking for 'cyber fun' (if you don't know what that means, ask other people who know :P ), but once in every 10 or so PMs, you find people who just like to make new friends. I've chatted with a mechanical engineering student in University of Canterbury (a nice guy who luckily is gorgeous! lol), a funny high-schooler from Sweden (sarcastic funny, not ha-ha funny), a bored housewife from Atlanta, Georgia (she thinks she's going crazy with her kids' screaming everyday), and some more others.
I don't really trust what they tell me, 'tho. Haha. It is possible that everything they told me is complete BS. But to be able to get away from life in Kuantan here, even though only virtually, is refreshing.
I've learned how to cook sloppy joes, you know. And snowboarding!
lol.
:D
1 comment:
hey hey u too..!
hehe.me blogging time buhsan je.not as fun-tastic as other bloggers *blush* ;p
hehe.i got that nice layout from here:
thecutestblogontheblock.com
Post a Comment