Friday, May 23, 2008

Of Victories and Defeats



My world has witnessed several glorious victories, and also heart-numbing defeats (for some), over the past week. Here are my top 2:

1. The Battle of The Two Davids


The two finalists garnered 97.5 million votes from viewers of the most popular US TV show. That's 3.75 times the population of Malaysia!

My Archie lost by 12 FRIGGIN' MILLION votes. How can he lost when his wave to the crowd in every concert seemed to trigger all the 12-and-13 year old tweens to break out into near-hysteria??? He also nailed all 3 songs during the show's finale. How can he lost to Cook??? That bugs me until now.

2. MU 1 (6) - Chelsea 1 (5) in UEFA


Yes, I admit I'm not that big a fan of football (not soccer). I don't set my phone alarm at 2 or 3 in the morning to watch some guys in shorts kick a ball around a field. I don't know all the names of the players in a team, except for the popular, pretty ones. The Mighty Beckham should come to mind when I say 'popular'. I only know latest match results from a) my brothers b) the Sports page of The Star. The one question I won't fail to ask my brother after every major match (involving MU) is: "Who scored the goals? Cristiano Ronaldo ke?"

Hence, the picture above.

Who cares if somebody said Cristiano "is an overrated, showoff, flamboyant diver"?
I know I don't!

Here's to a wonderful weekend, y'all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cristiano "is an overrated, showoff, flamboyant diver".

How very true.

I reckon you watch more football so you would now how big of a scum he is hahaaa