Thursday, November 20, 2008

I Deserve My Happily-Ever-After Too.

I have definitely moved on from this. And this.

His messages (or lack thereof) no longer bothers me.
His constant complaining no longer irks me.
His mysterious absence for a long period of time no longer makes me restless.
His yummy replies and flattering words no longer makes me feel all giddy.
His oh-we-are-so-in-love-with-each-other photos with the girlfriend no longer makes me feel empty.
His permanent 'Away'/'Stepped Out' YM status no longer makes me go "Is he really NOT there?"

I know I know, I'm bordering on being a silent psycho stalker, but I am no longer heading towards that path people.

Instead, all I feel now is:
"D! I sangat penat hari ni! Classes dari pagi sampai petang!"<-- Oh yeah? Okay.
"Hey D. Good morning!" <-- Yeah good morning to you too. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going back to bed.

Look, I'm really happy that he, whom I consider a close friend has found his own version of happiness, and I wish he will stay in that happiness for life. Yes, really. I no longer feel that pang/longing/whatchamacallit (is that the word?). Until a few hours ago.

Opening up to HRH (or giving a very concise summary of my relationship with him, at least) made me realize that I want my own happy ending. I need my own happy ending.

It doesn't matter with whom I'll have that happy ending with. Even if it's a total stranger I meet at Eng Hong pun, I'll gladly accept that. I just want my happy ending.

Everybody deserve their happily-ever-after. Including me.

Is that too much to ask? *looks upwards towards the lab ceiling*

What is your definition/version of happily-ever-after, people?

Photo credit: ©Disney. All Rights Reserved.


Leave a comment please.

19 comments:

Unknown said...

my definition oh living happily: it's about making the other happy too.. :)

Akmal Azeman said...

happily ever after.

my def is..u achieve most of the things dat u ever dreamt of, whr u urself is happy n those whom r around u r also happy.

DN said...

you guys' definitions of happily-ever-after are almost the same :)

i guess i've been thinking of myself too much already. haha. :P

Akmal Azeman said...

dont worry. most of d times i also tink about myself too much like wanting to have d guy dat im sooooo in love with all for myself! HAHAHAH! wat cruel, cruel haert~~~ LOL!

anyway. happiness is definitely the ultimate happily-ever-after ending. i tink everyone tinks so too.

DN said...

kema:

*wink wink*

the guy you're sooooo (fyi, i counted how many o's are there) in love with?

i can sense a juicy gossip coming my way!

;]

Shana said...

Saya suka sleeping beauty. Yay.

mimie_t said...

What really matters is the effort that you invest in order to be happy. Afterall, happy endings aren't for cowards. So if you want to be happy, be. :)

Akmal Azeman said...

hahah! well. i wish i could share the goss wit u but zaki kinda 'accidently' know and i tink 1 person is enuf. LOL!

anyway. i editted my previous entry n upload sum photo. checkout wat hapen to d dude that i was so in luv wit. but no fret. i got some spares. MUAHAHAHAH! *gelak tamak*

As said...

aiyak..when a fren did that, it's hurt..

DN said...

シャナ:

Saya suka Aurora jugak! :D
Snow White mcm pelik sikit. Maybe sebab rambut die tak panjang. Harhar :P

DN said...

Mimie_t:

But Mimi, what a wasted attempt of efforts when we still don't get the happy endings! All those heartaches and headaches for nothing! What do we do then?

DN said...

Kema:

Tamak itu kawan syaitann..

Eh, something is wrong with that sentence.

Anonymous said...

im sorry but do i know the guy ure talking about?? hurmmmm ;)

oh my version of happily-ever-after would be living in a corner lot semi-D hse with a sweet husband and 4 kids, strolling around in an SUV and being able to make cakes and cookies whenever i want.haha.

DN said...

As:

Yes, it did hurt. So much. It took me quite a long time to get over him. But I managed to do so :)

Now I'm cured from him.
I'm free! :D

DN said...

Hazira:

You might/might not know the guy.. :)

Your version of happily-ever-after sounds like straight out of an advertisement billboard for luxury homes somewhere in prime area around KL. Hehe.

Corner lot semi-D house with beautiful garden? Check.
Big spanking-new SUV? Check.
Gleaming modern kitchen with fancy oven, and some cookies left to cool on the cooling rack? Check.
4 happy kids running around? Check.
A couple looking out at the kids, seeming content? Check.

Hehe.
The only thing that is missing is... I can't think of anything! :)

NKxvii said...

u go girl!!
i hate that post-sangkut-kick-urself phase crushing on a guy whos taken.

and yet there is no love like unrequited love.

the giddiness when he replies/flirts/calls u back rivals no other=)
(been there, done that)
but everyone deserves, as u so aptly put it, their happy ever after
so u quit stalling and go find your THE ONE whose still waiting out there!

DN said...

NK:

Thank you for the uplifting words!
I'm going out now! To find my The One! :D

As said...

yup, the only cure is..the time.
Glad that u managed to do that, even though at the first place it is very hard :)

chayyo gurl!

luviedovie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.